23.5.10

homestay.

I need a place to live next year. I've come to accept that fact that rent in Seattle will be significantly higher, and that rent more often than not does not include water, internet, cable, and electricity- I didn't realize how good I actually had it Clemson.

The goal, and people might say this is a long shot goal, is to find a place where I am spending under $700 total each month. I don't think my heart or bank account could handle anything more (and $700 is really pushing it). Shopping Craig's List has been frustrating since pretty much anything I've found, the landlords want some one to start renting immediately. Can't do that just yet.

Sidenote: I'm not sure if this is a popular trend in other cities, but I've noticed that the cheapest apartments in Seattle are basement apartments. Maybe it's me being picky, but I might be depressed if I have to live in a basement. I can't imagine you can get much sun down there (even if they advertise it so).

Also, the decision of whether or not to have a roommate. It doesn't seem that living in a new city, that is often overcast and rainy, mixes well with being alone in an apartment, but maybe it could be fun? I've never lived alone. Then again, it seems every time I try and spend a few days away from people, I only end up bored and anxious. But maybe living alone will help me fix this? Thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm calling on good house hunters... find me a place to live!

No comments: