13.11.07

Music and Politics.

CDs that made my adolescent life:
The Center Stage and Save the Last Dance Soundtracks
-These ruled my CD player on the bus ride to school throughout all of 7th grade
Jewel ~ Pieces of You
-I loved that she yodeled and that she used to wash her hair in a K-Mart bathroom
-I partially attribute my love of writing music and playing the guitar to this album
Nelly ~ Country Grammar
-As far as rap goes, I still think it's unbeatable
Destiny's Child ~ Writings on the Wall
-I liked the challenge of trying to figure out what they were actually saying ("Bugga Boo" anyone?)

I'm somewhat glad my music taste has evolved since then, but I'm proud of my roots nonetheless.

One Christmas when my mom went to buy me some CDs on my christmas list, the worker helping her looked at her funny and said, "your daughter sure does have an interesting array of music selections!" I like it that way, thank you.

I'm in the library and this is a clear attempt at procrastinating.

It bothers me that a girl is currently reading last Friday's issue of The Tiger. Newsflash...that's old news get with the times (May I suggest the New York Times? It's much more up to speed).
I'm also annoyed by the fact that her friend just made a statement on how it is a trendy thing to vote for Barack Obama...oh so it's not a trendy thing to be all gung ho for Ron Paul on this campus?

Alright, I'm done. Time to work.

1 comment:

Corey said...

Hi friend. Gee thanks for telling me about your blog.

I was also inspired and changed by Jewel in elementary/middle school... something about reading her nonsense poetry from the CD sleeve made me feel like more of an adult than anything.

And another thing: maybe if you went to a school that appreciated the finer things in life (like a daily paper), you'd see even the dumb girls only a day behind on their news--but they would probably be discussing Ron Paul.

For the record, I only enjoy Sunday NY Times.