25.11.07

Writer's Block.

Upon the receival of my first diary, age five, I knew I wanted to write. Of course, as all children do, I went through stages where I strayed away from my first love (teacher, marine biologist, actress, dolphin trainer, phyical therapist, interior designer...Titanic expert?) Still, no matter what phase I may have gone through, I always phased out, eagerly running right back to writing. It's one of those things that has remained a stable passion in my life...along with ice cream, the Spice Girls, and eye-liner (HAH, I'm only partially kidding with these).

Therefore, how seriously annoyed and seriously conflicted I find myself, that the thing I want to do more than anything else, the one thing that I am trying to embark on a life-long journey with...the thing that is supposed to be my stablity, is the one thing that is spooning me a current dose of dissonance. It's the one thing that is causing me to pause and take a serious look at where I am right now; and it is quite possibly the one thing that could change the course of these next few years, pending on the decision it guides me to.

Well, Hell. I'm confused.

1 comment:

Angela&Corey said...

Yeah, "partially kidding." You'll have it written on some final sticky note before you die of extreme old age that you want certain eyeliner applied a certain way to be buried in (I realize that was morbid).
But I know your passion is writing, and I think that's one of the most wonderful passions you could possibly have, I envy anyone who has it in them to write novels or articles or complete sentences (...?). I know you're struggling with the notion that you might be better off at a school with an actual journaism program, and believe me... I get that. Follow your heart, dreams, etc. No one would ever think of judging or hating you for following what you want to do. And whatever you choose to do (or do not do), I support you.